I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Sunday, January 03, 2016

What to expect in 2016

Happy new year to all!

Just a quick preview of what is coming up on this blog in 2016. Right now, my main priorities are:

Basic D&D. I'll continue to write stuff about Basic and the Rules Cyclopedia, some of my favorite versions of D&D, and TSR D&D in general. Next posts will include more ideas about creating monsters, martial maneuvers, magic, and skills. I'm tempted to create a PDF compilation of those rules, maybe making it a complete game in itself, although there are plenty of those already.

D&D Fifth Edition and actual play. I am planning on writing about my ongoing "Lost Mines of Ravnica" campaign, using fifth edition, as well as discussing further house rules as they appear. Professional stuff might stop me from playing as much as I want, but I am sure I will find some time for it.

Old School Ramblings. I have a couple more of articles waiting to be written, one about "Game Masters" and the other about old school mechanics in general.

Days of the Damned. My apocalyptic, dark fantasy, "new school" game is mostly written, but still missing most of the art and layout. In 2016, I plan to do some additional play-testing before publishing it (as soon as it is ready, hopefully late 2016, but I can't be sure). I will be writing about it here from time to time. If you want to have an idea of the visual inspirations for the game, you can follow my collections in Pinterest, here and here.

by Abiogenisis - source.
Chronicles of the Mad Sun (for the lack of a better title for now). I'll expand on the ideas presented here and here and, hopefully, create a PDF with all of it in the future if there is enough interest in the subject.

General RPG design and random stuff. You'll see more of that, obviously. Stuff about settings, dice, movies, TV, literature, and so on.

Adventures, bestiaries, and other media. I'll probably write an expansion on my one page dungeon in the future, maybe turning it into a DCC character funnel. The whole thing will probably be no longer than a dozen pages. I have a few ideas for a little "monster manual" of sorts, but it is unlikely that it will see the light of day in 2016. I  have been contributing to some other media as well, so I'll keep you updated here.

I'm making a separate label for each of those subjects that didn't have a specific label already, so you can see what I have already written and follow future posts, if you like.

If you're interested in those subjects, consider following me here at the blog or circling me over G+. Also, feel free to let me know what you think about this plans.

And have a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment