I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Alternate Magic is near!

Here is a small teaser for my next book. The cover is nearly finished, as the text... but let me know what you think anyway!


Alternate Magic is a collection of mechanics for OSR systems - especially compatible with "Basic" games and its clones (Old School Essentials, Basic Fantasy RPG, Labyrinth Lord, etc.; it is also compatible with Dark Fantasy Basic, including a specific chapter on conversions). Some ideas can serve as inspiration for any RPG system, but this is not the main goal.

It contains about 30 pages, including: new spellcasting classes, flexible spells, blood magic, chaos magic, spell points, cantrips, rituals, alternate clerics, and other tools.

The book is entirely modular; each chapter can be used by itself or in combination with other chapters. For example, you might use blood magic with the traditional spellcasting system or combine it with flexible magic. You can use random magic with spell points or cantrips, or by itself. You might use the new classes without changing anything else in your game.

I intend to publish it in less than a week! I'll make a blog post when it comes out. 

As usual, if you got any of my books form DTRPG and accept e-mails, I'll send an e-mail with a discount code (almost all of my books are included in the May D&D sale, BTW). If you're an alpha reader or play tester, I'll send you an e-mail too. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment