I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The Wretched Hive - my first published adventure!

So, here is my first published adventure, The Wretched Hive.


It is an expanded version of an old one page dungeon.

Here is the blurb:

A titanic insect god, constantly giving birth to endless larvae. An assassin whose task is to poison the enemies of her faith. Twisted hybrids, half human and half bee, created by devilish biomancers. A pagan cult whose temple was invaded by demons. And these are the good guys!?!?! Welcome to the Wretched Hive!

An OSR adventure for low-level characters, easily adapted to high-level characters by switching goals - rescue the prisoners and run, or face the demons and take down the hive!


Although you can use this with any OSR system of your choice, it is especially suited for medieval dark fantasy games, such as Dark Fantasy Basic.

Anyway, I really like the way it looks. I added awesome stock art from various artists.

The whole thing is organized by colors and factions (notice the yellow and red titles below).  It is meant to be really easy to run at your table.

Take a look (or check the previews on DTRPG):



The art on this pages in Jack Badashski (page 19) and Jeremy Hart (page 21).

By the way, if you are one of the artists feature in this book (the list is on DTRPG), just ask I'll send you a copy. I hope you like what I've done with your art!

Also, if you've got this far, here is a little something to show you my appreciation: a 50% discount, good for seven people, valid for the next seven days.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=94c1123df7

EDIT: okay, that went fast; if the discount above doesn't work it, use the one below.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=94b4a711ec

I might do that for future books too; stay tuned!

Hope you like this!

2 comments: