I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Monday, July 29, 2019

Dark Fantasy MAGIC - Get it FREE!

So, here is the latest pamphlet in my Dark Fantasy line: DARK FANTASY MAGIC!

It is currently PWIW (pay what you want), so you can get it for FREE if you want to. Or you can read it for free then buy it if you like it.

GET IT HERE!
Dark Fantasy Magic is a collection of tables and short essays to inspire the creation of wizards, spells or entire magic systems. You can also use this book to generate characters, spells and magic for stories, comic books, etc.

The focus is on dark fantasy tropes: flawed heroes, terrible villains, corrupting magic, ominous ruins and damned wastelands.

This is mostly a system-less book, to be used with any game of your choice, but some parts are written with the most popular RPGs in mind (you know, six abilities, hit points, saving throws, etc). It is especially suited for medieval dark fantasy games, such as my own (Dark Fantasy Basic).

It includes sections such as:

Appearance: Exotic looks for your spellcasting characters!

Familiars: Cats, frogs, flying skulls and faerie dragons are worthy assistants to your magician!

The cost of magic: Tables and essays on what magic should cost - from gold pieces and hit points, through bloody sacrifice, all the way to the wizard's life and soul!

Pain and destruction:  A table of magical mishaps and catastrophic failures!

Would love to hear your opinion!

4 comments:

  1. Will definitely check it out in the next few days. I assume you'll prefer comments on that page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, commenting here is fine. It's the easiest way to reach me, and I am happy to hear any feedback (even honest criticism is very helpful).
      Of course, if anyone really likes the book, they can comment on DTRPG, and 5-star reviews are always good to get more eyes on my work! :)

      Delete
    2. Also, thanks for your interest and all the feedback in this blog!

      Delete
    3. Just seeing this now. Freaking inconsistent notification system...

      Not a problem! You have a lot of ideas I really enjoy, and even if some of my ideas become useful for your own work, I am happy to help! I like game design but am not in a position to easily sit down and refine ideas like you have here.

      Delete