I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Teratogenicon: print costs and a discount coupon

A quick post on the subject before DTRPG updates printing costs. If you have the book already, you might skip this post - I will repeat myself...

The Teratogenicon is the most beautiful book I ever produced. Because of this, is the only book we've created with a print version in mind. I really like how it turned out, both in Standard and Premium color.

Now, print versions are not easy to make - I needed a professional artist for that (Rick Troula). And the margins are very small compared to PDFs, of course. I might do a post explaining that further for the people that ask for print versions of my books (I appreciate the interest, BTW).

But this is a book I think it is worth having in print.

Well, now, because of various reasons, DTRPG's printer, Lightning Source, will be increase the print prices. The change will happen on July 13.

And you can STILL get the PDF for a couple of bucks if you buy the print version. 

If you want to get the PDF only, here is a discount coupon. It is good until July 13.

So, if you don't have the book yet, consider getting it before July 13!

Both versions look awesome in print. The premium version looks sharper, brighter, with vivid shades of gray (see below). The paper feels glossier. The standard color is darker - both art and text - but the quality and resolution are mostly maintained.






We've decided to reject the B&W version, as the price difference is too small to justify a (slightly) lower quality (and some text/art visible through the back of the pages) for such a beautiful book. We've also decided that the book is too thin for hardcover, which would also make it more expensive.

As always, you can buy bundles of our digital products for a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment