I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Teratogenicon! Monster generator coming in 2020

As you might know, I am writing an extensive monster generator. The name is, so far, is TERATOGENICON.

It's mostly system-less, including only a few pages about 5e and Dark Fantasy Basic.

In fact, it is 100% written. However, there is still revision, play-testing, layout, and some AMAZING art to come. Seriously, this is looking good:

Art by Rick Troula - this piece will be in the book!
But is it GOOD? I really think so! Since I'm biased, I'll say that if you like THIS (link below - not working that well in firefox, unfortunately), you'll enjoy reading it. If you like my Dark Fantasy series, you'll like it too.

Here are two pages (notice that the art and layout aren't finished):



Interested? Stay tuned! This is coming out in 2020.

By the way, if you're one of the fine folks who I thanked in Dark Fantasy Basic, I'll be happy to send you a review copy once it gets finished.

Thanks!

UPDATE (05/2020): we are no longer looking for play-testers. The book is coming out soon!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! What are the types of monsters one can create with this book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, ALL kinds basically. There is a chapter for each kind of monster in 5e. Humanoids, constructs, aberrations, beasts, fey, undead... Let me know if you want to take a look!

      Delete