I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

- William Blake

Friday, February 18, 2022

Dark Fantasy Characters is GOLD!

Dark Fantasy Characters, my small PDF about generating PCs and NPCs for your dark fantasy games, has reached gold on DTRPG. It is my second ever PDF to get the gold (the first being Dark Fantasy Basic).

To commemorate this, I'm cutting the price by half. Only 0.99 until the end of February!

My sincere thanks to everyone who helped me get here, including all the readers of this blog. 

If you like my books, make sure you allow DTRPG to send you my e-mails - I never spam, don't use it often (I usually say "not more than three or four times a year", but in practice I've probably sent half a dozen e-mails in as many years) and mostly just sent discount for my new books from time to time.

As always, all feedback is welcome!


DFC has an OSR feel but it is basically system-less. Most of the tables are like this:


You can see another example here.

Here is the blurb:

13 RANDOM TABLES FOR DARK FANTASY CHARACTERS!

Dark Fantasy Characters is a collection of tables to inspire the creation of characters. It includes tables meant for player characters, non player characters, or (frequently) both. You can also use this book to generate characters for stories, comic books, etc. 

The focus is on dark fantasy tropes: flawed heroes, terrible villains, corrupting magic, ominous ruins and damned wastelands.

This is system-less book, to be used with any game of your choice (except for one table). It is especially suited for medieval dark fantasy games, such as my own (Dark Fantasy Basic). 

It includes tables such as:

Names: 100 names plus 20 surnames and particles.

Ability scores: Generate six ability scores by rolling 3d20.

Backgrounds & specialties: More than 80 options to flesh out your charachters.

Dark Secrets, Flaws: Two different tables to give a dark twist to your PCs and NPCs.

Grievous sins: Reserved for the worst of villains!

No comments:

Post a Comment